Saturday, September 27, 2008

Allen and Delancey's in New York City


The number one restaurant on the internet seems to be Allen and Delancey. The viewers say it is a very romantic place but they recommend you make reservations. Also, they say they have always had prompt seating. They also said that the food is "creative" but there are not a lot of choices. Also, you will not find anything like it anywhere else. They serve brunch, signature lunches and dinners as well as entrees. After reading how the viewers said the menu was creative, I had to go and look because sometimes people will say creative and don't really mean it. When i glanced at this menu and looked at the names i thought to myself, this actually is creative. Like other viewers said there isn't alot of choice, and I don't think it is really a "family place" unless your children enjoy black cod, Arctic Char, Slow Roasted Pork Belly, Colorado Lamb Chop, or Vialone Nano Risotto, I don't think they will like this restaurant. I think that they have more desserts on the menu than they do entrees and signatures. Which for some people may be a good thing. I know I love dessert so that would probably be the only reason I would visit this particular restaurant on a trip to New York City.

No comments: